Saturday, March 10, 2007

Finally, The French Quarter

Somewhat amazingly, I had been in New Orleans for over 48 hours, and this was my just first venture into the French Quarter. We found One-Eyed Jack’s, which is a gorgeous venue that looks as if may have been an old burlesque club. The vibe inside was super-chill and relaxed, and the crowd was of a decent size, but it was far from packed. After realizing that the show wouldn’t start for a little while, the krewe decided to walk up to Bourbon Street because Barrett hadn’t ever seen it. While the opportunity to wade through puke, piss, and God knows what else was tempting, I passed. At the same time, I ran into Melanie Aster, whom I hadn’t seen for 3 or 4 years, so we had a great time catching up.


Apparently, they serve alcohol on Bourbon Street. Photo by J-R.

No comments: